Sep 27, 2006

Queen Of May

I was sitting on a rock on that blustery day when I was blown away.
You walked up with your hair all astray.
You walked up and you blew me away.
I watched as before me you swayed.
I was mesmerized by a twinkle that played in your eyes,
Catching the ocean that waved with a wind so strong
It might blow us away.

It was Friday the fifth. It was Guy Fawkes Day.
How could I forget that significant day?
We stood together, soaking in the ocean's spray.
We stood together, that is to say,
Hand-in-hand we were all day.

We watched the sea spray until the break of day.
To see the sun, to hear you say:
"Has there ever been a more magnificent day?"
T'was all it took to blow me away.

Months passedby and together we stayed.
I never asked you for a roll in the hay,
(Though if I asked I knew that I may)
But I wanted to love you my own special way.
Hand-in-hand through every day,
Valentine's Day and Patrick's parade.

You know you always were my Queen of May,
That's why I'll ask you in this round about way,
Would you be my silver in a cloud of gray?
If only you were forever to stay.
Would you stand by me in white array?
Would you hold my hand on our wedding day?
Friday the fifth, what would you say?

From thence we shall run to our home far away
Heart-in-heart forever to stay.

No comments: