Sep 25, 2003

Freedom to Breath

Drowning in you

I’m drowning in you. Let go! I need to be free. I need Freedom to Breath. Drowning in you. Life, everything: it’s too much! It’s just so damn overwhelming. I gasp. I choke. My hands are tied behind my back. I cry. My tears choke me; just like you. You are my tears. I need to be free. I need Freedom to Breath. Drowning in you. One swift movement. A flash of pain; brief, releasing pain. I’m free, but I don’t have Freedom to Breath. And I’ll never live again.

Kiss Of Life
The watery depths pull me down. My lungs are nearly bursting with the weight of the water that has filled them. The air has long since gone. My legs and arms have all gone numb. My head is all fuzzy. I can no longer see the great colorful fish that swarm around me. My eyes start to see black. It starts at the corners of my world and slides in to swallow me. I reach out toward the warmth and the peace.

A kiss! Who is it? I cough. Water surges up through my lungs and out of my mouth. How gross! How rude of me! I open my eyes. Red shorts and a silver whistle on a chain. That’s all. Great tan! I see the people. I gaze at the gleaming sand and surf. A lifeguard. The beach. The ocean shimmers a beautiful blue. I look at him with his bare chest and bleach blond hair. He gave me back my Freedom to Breath.

No comments: