May 1, 2004

Not Just Eye Candy

I couldn't find my way and you didn't care
I was restless and weary and wanted to share
I'd been through so much but I didn't dare
To burden you with my days of bad hair

I found my way home and gave you a call
You barely noticed I wasn't at all
Driving through the leaves in the late autumn fall
You told me to find my way back to the mall

Asumming on my shallowness, which isn't true
I was left to wait on and follow after you
You never listen, but that was something I rued
As a man, you never noticed my hints and clues

Will it be a surprise when you're alone in bed?
Will you rack your brain and examine your head?
Will you remember the times unwillingly I was lead?
I leave this poem for it's light to shed


When I couldn't find my way, you didn't care
I'll longer listening to words that aren't there
When you can't find your way back I won't be there
You can't find your way and I don't really care

No comments: